Here are five suggestions for a stress-free home sale in Boise. Since there is so much at stake, particularly money, selling your home is one of the most stressful things you will ever do. But, aside from the high stakes that cause tension, there’s a lot that’s out of your control. And there’s a lot of waiting involved in the process: waiting for the inspection report, waiting for deals, waiting for buyers to get funding, waiting for the closing to happen, and so on. However, you can substantially reduce the stress levels.
1. Be Clear About Your Goals and Objectives
Getting clear on and then communicating your priorities and objectives is the first step toward a stress-free home sale in Boise. It will be much easier to get to your home-sale destination if you know where you want to go.
What is most important to you, for example, the best price or a fast sale? What is your lowest price point, and how willing are you to make compromises to buyers? What would you like to do yourself and what would you like to delegate to others?
Then, after you’ve decided on these priorities and objectives, tell your agent about them. As a result, you and your agent will be able to work together as friends and collaborators to accomplish the same objective. When you (along with your agent) have a simple plan in mind, you will stop a lot of tension.
2. Get a Pre-Inspection and Do the Prep Work
Another way to ensure a stress-free home selling in Boise is to perform your own pre-inspection and then deal with any issues that arise. You will alleviate a lot of the tension by addressing issues prior to a buyer’s inspection.
It’s worth remembering that “95 percent of contracts that fail do so as a result of dispute during the inspection.” You will limit the excessive stress and wasted time that often accompany a sale by fixing major issues ahead of time, such as the roof, sewer, or HVAC.”
3. Familiarize Yourself With the Process
Many home sellers are stressed out because they have little to no experience and don’t know what to expect. You’ll have less stressful surprises if you go into it with a reasonable understanding of what the home-selling process entails, how long it will take, and how much it will cost. When it comes to a home sale in Boise, it’s always safer to be prepared.
So do your research, learning about the local real estate market, the steps involved in the selling process and transaction, and your and your agent’s responsibilities. If you have friends or family members who have recently sold their houses, speak to them. Also, call (208)314-1350 to speak with your Boise agent.
4. Vet/Qualify Buyers
The last thing you want is to assume you’ve found the right buyer and have a contract in place, only to find out later that the buyer is unable to secure financing. Taking the time to vet and qualify buyers is an important part of a stress-free home selling in Boise.
Typically, the two major steps involved in this are as follows:
- “The regular lender [pre-approval] letter and phone call is the first move. The [pre-approval] letter from the lender should specify what they are eligible for and under what conditions. The phone call should reassure the seller that the lender is local and available to speak with if problems arise.”
- “Proof of funds is the second step in qualifying your buyer. Get a snapshot of their bank account showing that they have enough money for the down payment and, if appraisal gap coverage is included in the deal, that they have enough money to cover it.”
5. Hire the Right Boise Agent
Hiring the right real estate agent in Boise could be the best way to ensure a stress-free home sale. A good agent will guide you through the entire complicated process and provide feedback at each level.
Here’s some of what you’ll encounter and have to deal with in the home-sale process:
- Determining which updates will yield a justifiable ROI
- Performing prep work and staging
- Pricing competitively for a sale
- Marketing both online and offline
- Negotiating purchase agreement and terms
- Getting through the appraisal and inspection
- Doing the final walk-through and closing
Since selling a home is such a stressful process, agents are often referred to as therapists. That actually has a lot of reality to it. That is why finding the right agent is so important.
It’s an established fact that getting the right agent will dramatically reduce the stress of selling a Boise house. Boise House Buyers. So, if you’re ready to make your Boise home selling as stress-free as possible, give us a call at (208)314-1350. There’s no need to be under any more stress than you already are.